Booking DSI is EASY!
Would you like to speak with us first? Call Ken Larsen at 817-542-1189. I look forward to hearing from you.
If we have not already spoken on the telephone, simply provide us with your contact information, and we will be notified immediately of your interest, and we will call, text or email you as soon as we are available. We will email you a copy of our agreement and once signed, we will get you on the calendar for your inspection!
CAN WE INVOICE THE INSURANCE COMPANY FOR SERVICES ON YOUR PROPERTY?
We can!… However, this can ONLY be done if you agree to our limited Assignment of Benefits (and, as long as the policy does not specifically exclude Assignments of Benefits). Here’s why:
1. Our invoices are usually one of the smallest invoices in a property insurance claim. As a result, insurance companies simply resist paying contractors directly for their services on a claim since contractors are NOT their customer; YOU are the insurance company’s customer – not us! Insurers generally just ignore contractors who plead with them for payment – for YEARS! Many times they simply just ignore the contractor’s efforts to collect payment from them indefinitely. Insurers know contractors are unlikely to spend tens of thousands of dollars to sue them for an invoice worth a couple thousand dollars since they don’t even have an agreement with the contractor.
2. Insurers tend to pay for “costs incurred.” This means they are more likely to reimburse you for the costs you have already paid on a covered peril rather than pay your unpaid bills sometime in the future.
PS: An “Assignment of Benefits” (aka “AOB”), allows the contractor to stand in the shoes of the insured on your insurance claim so that the contractor can demand indemnification for the costs incurred by the contractor. This benefit is limited to STRICTLY – only – the work performed by DSi; not the work performed by others.
MAY I PAY FOR YOUR SERVICES WITH CHECK OR CREDIT CARD, AND SEEK REIMBURSEMENT FROM THE INSURANCE COMPANY?
You certainly may! We prefer credit card payments!
We accept all major credit cards. Why not get your credit card “miles” on your insurance claim?!
Hmmm… I’M UNCOMFORTABLE WITH AN AOB ARRANGEMENT AND I DON’T WISH TO PAY WITH MY MONEY OR CREDIT. ARE THERE ANY OTHER OPTIONS?
You are not alone. Many customers share a similar disposition.
- You can request a draw on your insurance claim from your adjuster for incidental expenses like our services on DAY 1! Just be very sure to keep ALL your receipts and submit them as part of your insurance claim. (See additional information on the bottom of this page)
- In some cases (not all) we might extend credit to exceptional customers and wait for payment from the insurance company. Please call Ken Larsen to discuss. 817-542-1189
MY CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE SAYS WE DON’T NEED DryStandard Inspection’s SERVICES. WHY WOULD THEY SAY THAT?
Well… let’s think about that for a bit…
Aside from the fact that IT IS STANDARD PRACTICE TO CONDUCT THESE INSPECTIONS as described in the industry’s Standards (ANSI/IICRC S500-2015), some insurers don’t want experts on their claims because our evidence and dominant subject matter expertise clearly exceeds theirs and they will have greater difficulty negotiating a substandard (I.e. less expensive) scope of work on your property. You do not need to accept a compromise in quality and competence on your property insurance claim.
In the absence of our inspections, tests and reports – insurance claims representatives can be far more effective in SPECULATING the scope of work necessary to repair your home. [Of course, such speculated scopes from the insurance company – and/or their clearly conflicted “preferred vendor” – are frequently insufficiently qualified to define and / or perform a standard repair. There is wisdom in securing your own qualified restoration expert to establish a competent scope of work; even if there is a nominal fee associated with producing this scope of work.] For instance, is your flooring salvageable? Or, must it be removed and replaced? How about your walls and ceilings? Should they be dried – or should they be replaced due to absorbing unsanitary water? Can drying begin – or should the structure be made sanitary before drying equipment is installed potentially blowing contaminants all over your living space?
DSi’s testing can conclusively indicate the competent approach.
If the claims representative discourages your desire to involve authoritative industry experts, simply demand (yes, you are entitled to “demand” such answers as the claimant. That’s the claims representative’s job.), the claims representative show you the language in your policy that EXCLUDES the costs associated with involving an expert on your claim. In an “all perils insurance policy”, if it’s not an named exclusion… courts have ruled that the cost is INCLUDED in your coverage. If they dig in their heels… you might want to consider securing competent legal assistance like a lawyer or your own personal “Public Adjuster” who will become your agent and fight for the full value of your insurance claim. A great Public Adjuster is worth their weight in gold in today’s [disappointingly] adversarial insurance claim market.
OKAY… I UNDERSTAND WHY DSi CANNOT INVOICE THE INSURANCE COMPANY. HOW WILL THE PAYMENT PROCESS LOOK?
- Determine the method of payment you wish to employ:
- Invoice the insurer with an Assignment of Benefits (AOB)… or…
- Invoice the property owner directly for payment with check or credit card.
- From the list of contracts to choose from in the drop down list below, select the contract that lists the payment type (AOB or CC) along with the correct peril (hurricane damage?… pipe burst?… sewage backup?… etc), enter your personal and property information into the form below, and click the “Submit” button.
- Check your email. You will have an agreement all filled out with the total amount indicated in your price calculator. Sign the agreement as directed and click the submit button. We will get a copy of that signed agreement, and will promptly call you to arrange an appointment.
- Interpreting the data and producing a formal technical report will take approximately 24 hours.
NOTE: we rarely release the report or conclusions prior to having payment secured / assured.
WHAT WILL MY TOTAL COST BE?
Have you had hurricane / storm damage and would like a price first? Okay. Simply enter your square footage of your structure here, and your price will be calculated instantly! Current minimum charge: $1500.00
Non-hurricane / storm inspections are priced differently. Complete the form below for more information and refer to the rates listed on our agreement that will be emailed to you. But first… Let’s talk about your situation. Please fill out the form below, and we will call you! NO Credit Card required at this time! Current minimum charge: $1500.00
Potential Payment strategy (request a draw on your insurance claim):
If you have a significant claim in your home, and you have an adjuster or claims representative assigned to your file, then you can request a draw to pay for repair expenses associated with your claim. Keep your receipts! The insurer will need them!
- If the insurer declines the request for a draw, request the insurer provide you with the language from your policy that explains this exemption or exclusion.
- If the claims representative has not been assigned to your file yet, you might wish to speak with the agent who sold you the policy to explore your options.